Thursday, May 31, 2007

Stacked higher and higher

So I'm looking at the stack of books on my bedside table. Usually I'm pretty good about keeping it under control but, for various reasons, it seems to have gone a bit wild of late. I need a two week reading vacation.

Here's the list; any suggestions on ordering / deletions / additions appreciated:
  • In An Instant, Lee & Bob Woodruff - Authors@Google
  • Gödel, Escher, Bach, Douglas Hofstadter - read it 22 yrs ago, came up in conversation twice in a week, figured it deserved a re-read
  • The Sheep Look Up, John Brunner - another re-read from long ago
  • Chances Are, Michael & Ellen Kaplan - game theory
  • Blessed Unrest, Paul Hawken - Authors@Google
  • Rant, Chuck Palahniuk - hey, it's Chuck
  • The Demon-Haunted World, Carl Sagan - should've read it long ago, recently recommended
  • Why Marriage Matters, Evan Wolfson - Authors@Google
  • Small Stakes Hold-em, David Sklansky, et al - yet another re-read
  • Twilight of the Superheroes, Deborah Eisenberg - random impulse buy
[Edit] I just got reminded of GoodReads.com so I've added a tracking widget to the sidebar

No comments: